03 February 2012

we made pitas with our hands



Yesterday we made pita breads with our hands!  Nothing special, just flour, yeast, water and a little sugar. Abby added all of the ingredients into the bowl with her small, but capable, hands.  She mixed the batter and then helped knead the dough into a soft, yeasty, yummy ball.  Abby kept leaning over to smell the dough as she kneaded it and announced that it smelled "yeasty".  We ate one small pita right out of the oven (Abby's with lots of butter on it).

When I thought of the "hands" post for today I first thought of my own hands and how small and wrinkled they always seem.  Then I thought of other hands: Abby's and how they look just like mine, except little; hands on a clock; holding hands with someone; handing over power or a salt shaker.  The nuances of the English language never cease to amaze.  And, at the risk of using a bad pun, it is in my hands to teach a 3 year old these nuances.


No comments:

Post a Comment