02 February 2012

as if February wasn't busy enough



from http://instagr.am/

I think I'll try this, even though I am a day late (and a dollar short!) and don't have an fancy phone to boot!


  
Most of my words lately are spoken.  I try to write this blog and journal but most of the time other priorities take over that time.  That' OK.  I listen to NPR most mornings and love the words of local and BBC reporters telling me the news.  I listen to Abby's shows that she usually watches in the morning, especially Word World.  A show, conveniently, about words.  Abby loves words.  Loves spelling them, typing them and hopefully writing them.  Now, when we are in the car she begs me to "Tell me what that word spells mama!".  And so my words are signs, license plates and storefronts.  


This photo shows one of our favorite words "Prairie".  We live on Prairie Street, which is a shady (in the summer), brick paved street with super-friendly neighbors.  When we arrive on our street there is a tell-tale rumble beneath the tires that Abby and our cat are attuned to.  They perk up and look out the window and know they are Home.


I will be here everyday this month with my meme of February pictures following some theme and my words to go along with those pictures.  


No comments:

Post a Comment