08 February 2012

Abby's Sewing Week


This week, and probably next week too, I am sewing for the sweetest girl I know.  We wrote the list of sewing tasks on our newly-hung chalk board: pants, teddy bear holder, dress, pj's and doll. Both the doll and pants patterns are from the Growing Up Sew Liberated book. Right now we have the fabric cut out for pants, a shirt and a hat.  The reality of sewing with a 3 year old quite different than our task list.  This dress from Oliver + S will be made from some upcycled knits, first I need to order the pattern.  After reading the KNITerviews at made by rae I have a serious need to get sewing on some knits. I'm excited and slightly dreading the encounter with my serger (gifted to me by a lovely lady!), it's been a long time since I have threaded one of those things!

Not to be forgotten, here is yesterday's "button":


This is a very small sampling of Abby's traveling junk pile.  It goes with her everywhere in the house because the one time we brought it in the car, mama spilled the entire pot everywhere. Buttons, beads, beans, Israeli cous cous, and a liberal amount of dirt are decanted into Abby's teapot, frying pans, cups and jars to become hours of entertainment.  

Later: "sun" (we'll see about that one).

No comments:

Post a Comment