09 February 2012

surprise gifts

Don't you love surprise gifts?  This morning when I was heading out to warm up the car I found a gift on our front porch table.  It was from a friend of ours who has moved away, along with her husband and two boys who Abby loves.  I was bummed that we missed them knocking on our door this morning (I think I was showering and Abby was watching Lady and the Tramp) but we will see them this weekend.  Without further ado here is a photo of both gifts.

The felted LOVE bunting is behind the sad-looking girl wearing the cute green sweater that was knit for her by Ms. Kate.  Both the bunting and the sweater found their homes mere minutes after I discovered them on the porch.  And Abby wore that sweater on our visit to the University Primary School this morning.

We have entered the world of preschool.  It is a choice between the Montessori school, which is about 5 min away by car, and the UPS.  I'm all about the Montessori school for many reasons I won't get into now.  Abby loved the UPS and did not want to leave when our visit was over.  She is going to love school when she goes next fall.  If today was not indication enough, I remember a big clue from our visit with her cousins in Portland.  Abby watched their mom, another Ms. Kate, make their lunch and put it in reusable lunch bags. Then she asked Ms. Kate if she could have a lunch bag too, please!

I'm perfectly fine having this time with Abby before she goes to school. 
Today we built cocoons on the bed, modeled hats/sweaters, played hospital and made dog food from her junk pile, perfect day!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sun
Front door

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment