21 February 2012

catching up

We did a bit of catching up this past weekend.  Jason and I went on our "secret" date night, which included dinner, an art exhibit, cupcakes and espresso, the symphony and a nightcap at one of our favorite places in downtown Champaign.  It was a cold evening made much warmer with flowers, champagne and conversation with my favorite person on the planet (besides Abby, of course!).






I fell asleep toward the end of the first half of the symphony so we decided to hit Radio Maria's then go home.  It was so cold that night that we were glad to be home in our pajamas at (ahem) 9pm.  Yes, we are oldsters!  Thanks for the great night, Jason and nine memorable years of being married!
.......................................................................................................
I know I have left the February photo meme in the dust these last days.  So here is something to make it up.  "Something I hate to do".  Dishes.  Give me any other household chore and I will be happy: scrubbing floors, toliets, laundry, vacuuming, ANYTHING.  We don't have a dishwasher (and never will because our kitchen is the size of a matchbook).  I try to find the zen place of peace about dishwashing, but I'm afraid it will never sit well with me.  


........................................................................................................
Looking forward to the next week.  I have lots of seeds to start: peppers, eggplant, leeks, herbs, and maybe some tomatoes.  My notes from last year are not very complete and every year I vow to do better because it really is better when I can compare with last year.  Happy Tuesday!


1 comment:

  1. You are welcome! Lets do it again next year for 10! -Jason (not Abby)

    ReplyDelete