16 March 2012

lost book

"Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: 
If you're alive, it isn't."

Have you read this book? 

I have read it twice in my life: in high school, then again in graduate school.  Both times it opened up new ways of thinking, seeing and being. And both times the book landed in my life like an apple on Newton's head.  I can't remember exactly how I came to read it,  but I know I didn't search the book out either time.  I'm not a religious person, but I am a spiritual person and this book speaks to that sentiment.

Lately I have been sorting giant piles of paperwork, artwork, bills, catalogs, and receipts.  I came upon the dust jacket for this book but cannot find the book anywhere.  I imagine my book being read by someone, somewhere in the world.  That's what this book deserves.

So, should I buy the book or wait for it to work its way back into my life as it has before?

Much of the book takes place in the Midwest with its rolling hills in Iowa and ancient lake plains flatter than a pancake in Illinois. Maybe that is why I am drawn to it.  Or maybe it is words like this:

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours." 

No comments:

Post a Comment