04 May 2010

Tomatoes are in!

Because I planted 23 tomatoes today (and 2 hostas) I do not have any photos.  My brain is too tired to find the camera and my arms are much too tired to hold the camera.  Watching/entertaining a 16 month old while trying to plant this many tomatoes amounts to what I imagine an expert in combat maneuvers must think.  "OK, don't step on the baby tomato, step over here.  Walk on the grass, walk on the grass, walk on the.... let's go over here and play with this fantastic toy for a minute."  And on it went until I looked up and noticed I only had two more to go.


Thankfully our friend Marin brought her dad, Charlie, over for dinner and he entertained the two girls while I finished up the final push and watered the little plants.  


Now I am contemplating my garden notebook and the fact that I may have to wait until some of these tomatoes actually set fruit until I know what they are.  In all of that tactical maneuvering some of the actual variety names became misplaced.  Hoh, hoh.  I do know that we will have some Super steak, Juliet, Sugar cherry, red grape, Marglobe, Roma, Better boy, Brandywine and Pink lady.  I put the cherry tomatoes on the outside where little finger will be able to reach them just fine!


I would love to here what you are planting in your garden right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment