06 May 2010

Around the house and a trip

Lately around these parts we have been....


















Doing lots of diapers because we (meaning "I") finally put the kabosh on buying anymore disposable diapers.  We were just using them for overnight but still....I wasn't comfortable with even that amount of waste going into some landfill somewhere.















Waiting for the peonies to open!  Peonies are one of my top 5 favorite flowers and I just love the anticipation they are creating right now!


















Hanging out.  Enjoying the warm weather, soft pillows and the evening sun through the front windows.

















Watching the potatoes grow.  I love potatoes.  They are the one food I could eat every day for the rest of my life.  We have Yellow Finn, Desiree, Carola and some random red, white and yellow potatoes that we bought at the coop.  Digging potatoes is a little like fossil or mineral hunting for me.  And if you haven't dug potatoes, you should try it!  I hear they are really easy to grow in a barrel or big container with lots of straw in it.

This weekend we will be visiting Grandma Kathleen in southern Illinois.  We are taking the train and will be back on Sunday.  See you back here next week!  Happy Mother's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment